Choose a category and find your question. If you did not find your answer, please feel free to contact us.
Smoov can assist you with the following;
- Smoov makes it easier to search for a charging station and charge and pay the way you like to.
- Smoov helps you navigate to the desired charging station, start and stop the charging session and pay directly via your mobile.
- With Smoov you can monitor the status of your desired charge stations and receive a notification when they become available.
- Notifications are sent to you by Smoov when the status of your charging session changes.
- Smoov enables smart charging on compatible chargers.
By creating an account you have the privilege to use all our features provided by Smoov. This can be done via;
- Your Gmail account
- Your Facebook account
- Creating a Smoov account
- Or as a guest user (limited functionalities)
By adding your car you have the following benefits:
- The correct connector will be selected for you according to your car.
- The app will will only show charging stations that are compatible with your car.
- The app will calculate the added distance automatically while charging based on your car characteristics.
- you can view your charging history on Smoov compatible charge points
- you can check the status of your charging session via the app. Even if you did not start the session via the app, but by tapping your RFID card
- you get notifications if the session has stopped or any interruptions have occurred.
Smoov can be used in The Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg and the United Kingdom.
Smoov provides you with real-time reliable information about a range of charge points that are available in the BeNeLux area, Germany and the UK. The Smoov compatible charge points are indicated in the app with the "S" icon on the map. These charging stations can be used with Smoov to start and stopt a charging session and get realtime insights. You can also filter Smoov to only show the Smoov compatible charging stations.
2) Wait with plugging in the connector, until session started is shown or the app indicates that you can plug the cable.
3) Your default settings will be shown (car, payment method), which you can change according to your wishes.
4) Click on start charging and depending on your payment method (RFID card or direct payment), charging will start or you will be prompted to fill in your payment details.
5) All set, happy charging!
Confirm you want to stop the charging session by clicking "OK".
It is possible to share your charge card with, for example, your partner or colleague. In addition, it is also possible to link one charge card to multiple accounts or devices.
- If you are charging at a regular charging station, the metrics are updated every 15 minutes.
- If you are charging at a (ultra)fast/ rapid charger, this will be every 2 minutes.
Payment done with charge card: Your charging session will be settled at the end of the month via your charge card provider as usual.
Payment done via direct debit (SEPA) or credit card:
- An initial reservation will be made. The reservation amount depends on the charge point type and applicable charging fee.
- The actual costs will be settled immediately after the end of your charging session.
- Depending on the issuer of your payment card, it can take a few days before this is shown on your bank statement.
1) Click 'My profile' > 'Charge cards' > Click on the 'plus' sign.
2) Enter the charge card number and click on 'Save this number'. The charge card number is mostly displayed on the front of the card, for example: 'NL-ABC-123456-1'.
3) The charge card is now connected.
1) Select the charging station and socket you would like to start a charging session on (manually or via the QR code).
2) Select a direct payment method
3) Click on "start charging" to start a session
4) Fill in your payment credentials, select 'remember me' and confirm. A reservation will be made on your card/ account.
5) Your charging session will start
- Firstly, at the start of the charging session, Smoov does not know how long or how much you would like to charge.
- Secondly, Smoov has to take into account the cars that come with different battery sizes. (sessions up to 70 or 80kWh).
The actual amount will be settled immediately after your charging session. If you experience open reservation sessions that are running despite the session was not started or finished already, please contact via email@example.com.
If you have selected charge card as the payment method in the app, you can also stop the session by swiping your charging card along the RFID reader at the charging point.
When you have chosen a different payment method (credit card or SEPA) call the service number of the charge point operator (see the sticker on the charging station). They can stop the session remotely and disconnect the plug.
In all likelihood, the charging session has been authorised but hasn’t started yet. To start the session, follow the given steps.
1) Check whether the connector has been correctly inserted at both ends.
2) Check whether your phone receives data/ has an active internet connection.
3) End the session and try again.
4) If you find your car is correctly plugged into the charging station, there may be a problem with the charging station. if this is the case, call the service number on the charging station (Check the sticker on the charging station).
For general questions or questions about a direct payment transaction, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about charging session costs with your RFID card, you can contact your charge card provider. For malfunctions on Smoov compatible chargers, please call the service number of the county you are in: